The WCIRB is excited to announce the next generation of customer-enabling solutions, X-Mods and More® a new web service that provides our members with 24/7 real-time access to key risk-level data, including:
- Experience Modifications
- Named Insureds
- Policy Addresses
- Assigned Class Codes
This is a significant step forward in our efforts to provide real-time access to desired data.
What is X-Mods and More?
The X-Mods and More® web service enables a timely and seamless exchange of data by using standard Internet protocols, 24/7 access with no human interaction and limits the risk of errors. Participating members can connect with the WCIRB’s web service by sending a WCIRB-assigned bureau number or a policyholder’s Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN), and the web service will return the requested information.
The primary uses include:
- Machine-to-machine access: Users can automate a scheduled connection that sends web service requests for all of their policies in need of updated data. Application Programming Interface access makes possible the automated retrieval of:
- Experience Modifications– thereby removing a key obstacle of automated renewals
- Key classification data – including the WCIRB assigned classes and the classification that developed the most payroll in the most recent experience period
- Policyholder name and address data previously reported to the WCIRB – Replaces person-to-machine access: Rather than logging onto WCIRB Connect® to manually search for this information, insurers can develop their own user interface to request this information using the WCIRB bureau number or the policyholder’s FEIN and the information for the selected risk will be returned in seconds.
What Are the Benefits?
- Data available in real time, 24/7
- Decreases the cost and effort to access and load the data
- Allows seamless integration of requested data into requester’s system
- Use only the data you need — if you only need the X-Mod, capture only the X-Mod
- Improve data accuracy and completeness in underwriting and reports
- Data is sent in the WCIO standard, WCUNDERWRITING XML format
- Available to WCIRB members at no additional charge
What Data Will Be Available?
The WCIRB’s web service is built in conformance with WCUNDERWRITING — an emerging national standard being developed by the Workers Compensation Insurance Organizations (WCIO). The web service returns the following:
- Experience modifications: 10 years of X-Mods by experience rating effective year (YYYY) or, when the requester is the insurer of record, the full experience rating effective date (MM/DD/YYYY)
- Current reported policyholder names and FEINs
- Current reported policyholder addresses
- Count of in-force policies for the risk
- Standard classifications for the risk that are:
- Assigned by the WCIRB along with date of assignment
- Reported on the USRs within the current experience period — including identifying the classification that developed the most payroll in that experience period
Insurer members interested in learning more about X-Mods and More — including the technical considerations — can contact Kirsty Schanmier, WCIRB Senior Operations Analyst, at [email protected] or 415.778.7103.
X-Mod Product Comparison
X-Mods and More is the WCIRB’s latest addition to its suite of products designed to meet the varied needs of insurers, TPAs, MGAs and agents and brokers. View the WCIRB X-Mod Products Comparison Chart to learn more about the features of each product.
For information on technical specifications and requirements, please refer to the X-Mods and More User Guide.