X-Mods and More® is a web service that provides insurers, agents and brokers with 24/7, real-time access to key risk-level data, including:
- Experience modifications (X-Mods)
- Named insureds
- Policy addresses
- Assigned classification codes
Webinar: X-Mods and More® for Agents and Brokers
WCIRB Senior Operations Analyst Kirsty Schanmier demonstrates the features of X-Mods and More and how it can be easily integrated into your company's system.
View the video recording
What Is X-Mods and More?
X-Mods and More enables a timely and seamless exchange of data by using standard internet protocols, providing 24/7 access with no human interaction and limiting the risk of errors. Participating users connect with X-Mods and More by sending a WCIRB-assigned bureau number (BN) or a policyholder’s Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN), and, if a single match is found, X-Mods and More returns the requested information.
The primary uses include:
- Machine-to-machine access: Users can automate a scheduled connection that sends web service requests for all of their policies in need of updated data. Application programming interface access makes possible the automated retrieval of the following:
- X-Mods, thereby removing a key obstacle of automated renewals
- Key classification data, including the WCIRB-assigned classes and the classification that developed the most payroll in the most recent experience period
- Policyholder name and address data previously reported to the WCIRB
- Replaces person-to-machine access: Rather than logging onto WCIRB Connect® to manually search for this information, users can develop their own user interface to request this information using the WCIRB BN or the policyholder’s FEIN, and the information for the selected risk is returned in seconds.
What Are the Benefits?
- Provides data in real time, 24/7
- Decreases the cost and effort to access and load data
- Allows seamless integration of requested data into requester’s system
- Uses only the data you need – if you only need the X-Mod, capture only the X-Mod
- Improves data accuracy and completeness in underwriting and reports
- Is available at no additional charge
What Data Is Available?
X-Mods and More is built in conformance with WCUNDERWRITING – an emerging national standard developed by the Workers Compensation Insurance Organizations. X-Mods and More returns the following:
- 10 years of X-Mods by experience rating effective year (YYYY)
- Insurer of record only receives the full experience rating effective date (MM/DD/YYYY)
- Current reported policyholder names and FEINs
- Current reported policyholder addresses
- Count of in-force policies for the risk
- Standard classifications for the risk that are:
- Assigned by the WCIRB along with date of assignment
- Reported on the Unit Statistical Reports within the current experience period – including identifying the classification that developed the most payroll in that experience period
Insurer members, agents and brokers interested in learning more about X-Mods and More – including the technical considerations – can contact Kirsty Schanmier, WCIRB Senior Operations Analyst, at [email protected] or 415.778.7103.
X-Mod Product Comparison
X-Mods and More is among the WCIRB’s suite of products designed to meet the varied needs of insurers, third party administrators, managing general agents, agents and brokers. View the How to Access X-Mods: A Comparison of WCIRB Products chart to learn more about the features of each product.
For information on technical specifications and requirements, please refer to the X-Mods and More Web Service User Guide.