Order Coverage Research Request Online

Insurers, employers, licensed health care providers and other authorized parties can now submit online coverage research requests related to pending workers' compensation claims and check the status of their requests.

Who Can Request This Service?

The WCIRB provides coverage research services to:
  • Employers who may request their own coverage information at any time.
  • Insurers, licensed health care providers, California Insurance Guarantee Association, and attorneys and their authorized employees or copy services may request coverage information related to a pending workers' compensation claim.

Injured workers may obtain coverage research information free of charge by submitting Form 811ES, Coverage Research Service Request - for Injured Worker Use Only to the WCIRB Contact Center.

Fees for Coverage Research Service

The fee for WCIRB coverage research services is:
  • $20 per employer, per coverage year for coverage from January 1, 1996 to the present
  • $40 per employer, per coverage year for coverage from January 1, 1958 to December 31, 1995

Any portion of a year counts as a complete year. Fees are nonrefundable regardless of the outcome of the research. The WCIRB requires advance payment by credit card (Mastercard or Visa only) or ACH bank payment for all online coverage research requests. Please allow up to 60 days from the time your order is submitted for the WCIRB to complete your request(s).

For questions about the coverage research request process, please contact the WCIRB Contact Center.